Monday, August 16, 2010

33rd Anniversary of Elvis Presley's Death



Today marks the 33rd anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley. I am old enough to recall when he died and all the insanity that ensued afterward. Here are a couple of little mentions in honor of the anniversary of his death. Comedian Johnny Carson once quipped, "If life was fair, Elvis would still be alive and all the impersonators dead." Also, Larry Geller, who was Elvis's former hairstylist, was responsible for styling Elvis's hair for the sad occasion of his funeral. When setting about his task, he was startled to find that Elvis had half an inch of white-colored regrowth under his dyed black hair. Geller quickly improvised a touch-up job using a black mascara wand. Long Live The King!

1 comment:

  1. Long Live The King! Indeed!
    I was only 8 and I don't really remember when it happened, But I love his music. I have a huge, nine 8x10 Elvis mural over my hall entrance that I made. Its hard to explain, its one picture of Elvis cut in nine 8x10 pieces and put in separate frames to create one large picture that looks like it is viewed through a window pane.

    “Every time I think that I'm getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens.”
    Elvis Presley

    ReplyDelete