Sunday, February 5, 2012

R.I.P. William Hinzman







Me, with Bill Hinzman at the Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend


It's with deep sadness that we bring to you the news of the passing of Bill Hinzman this evening. We've lost another icon of the industry and more importantly one of the nicest and most genuine people we've ever had the chance of knowing.

Best known to fans everywhere as Zombie #1 or the Graveyard Zombie from the George A. Romero classic Night of the Living Dead, Hinzman has died after losing a bout with cancer. He was 75.

Bill Hinzman worked on numerous projects over the years, several of which were with Romero, such as There's Always Vanilla, Hungry Wives aka Season of the Witch, and of course The Crazies. On his own he tried his hand at directing with one of our favorite flicks, Flesh Eater.

A fixture on the convention circuit, Bill was always there with a smile for fans, often appearing in costume as the famed ghoul we all grew up with.

We here at Dread Central would like to take this time to offer our sincerest condolences to Bill's friends, family, and constituents. Rest in peace, sir. You will be incredibly missed.

5 comments:

  1. Damn, I met him at Spookie year before last, he was the nicest guy. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the video from when I met him. Though you might like that http://youtu.be/Rzro_MaDRN4 Small world. I am going to be playing drums for Twisted In Graves starting in August! Hope you can make it out to a show! I'll get you a beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really fan of your posts and I have bookmarked your blog. I feel very sorry for this happening but looking ahead for your next step. Good Luck!
      Domain reseller
      cheapest domain reseller

      Delete
  3. No Halloween Monster Spookshow Radio this year? Hope all is well with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I acquire apprehend your article, I anticipate this is absolute good! Simple language, abridged blog! Another affectionate of style! I like.The blog commodity absolute afraid to me! Your autograph is good. In this I abstruse a lot! Acknowledge you
    Yüz Germe

    ReplyDelete